[Samba] Re: Samba - root preexec & login scripts

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Wed Oct 30 16:53:00 GMT 2002

Last night at home, and on a second system today at work, I tried
putting in the sample preexec statement contained in the smb.conf man
page to check it's effect on the domain logons. Just like the preexec
for the perl script it kills domain logons. As that script is right in
the smb.conf man page I'd certainly expect that to work.

As one final shot at this I'll post my smb.conf for some of you to
examine. I've removed all the comments in an effor to minimize size. The
preexec statement is in the netlogon section.

Thanks.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]

   workgroup = IMCDOMAIN
   netbios name = linuxts1
   server string = Samba PDC %v
   hosts allow = 192.168.3. 127.
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   log level = 5
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password*
%n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
   interfaces = 192.168.3.1/24
   os level = 63
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   domain admin group = @adm
   add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -c
'Machine Account' -s /bin/false -M %u
   logon script = %U.bat
   logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
   logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile
   logon drive = L:
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   create mask = 0750
   directory mask = 0750

[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   read only = yes
   browseable = no
   printable = no
   write list = @adm
   share modes = no
#   root preexec = perl /home/netlogon/netlogon.pl %U
   preexec = echo \"%u connected to %S from %m (%I)\" >> /tmp/log

[Profiles]
   path = /home/profiles
   browseable = no
   guest ok = yes