[Samba] File locking problems - v2.2.6

Paul Sergeant pfs at mercuryint.co.uk
Wed Oct 30 11:45:01 GMT 2002

It may not be a samba problem.

We had 2.0.5 running on Red Hat 6.X , and a dos based app
(written in Alpha) installed on PC's running 95/98, no locking
problems.

Upgraded to Red Hat 7.2 and Samba 2.2.3 , everything worked except
the dos app. Locking problem between two workstations.

Installed 2.0.5 on a SCO unix 5.0.5 system and still had the locking
problem.

Built new box using old version of Red Hat (6.x) and Samba(2.0.3) no
locking problem.

So we now have two samba servers, one running OLD version and one running
newer verions.

Paul Sergeant.