[Samba] smbldap-tools problem

Philipp Hellmich Philipp.Hellmich at stua-lp.nrw.de
Wed Oct 30 09:15:28 GMT 2002

Hello!

I installed a new suse 8.1 server, I want to use the smbldap-tools to manage
user and computer accounts.

But when I try to add a new windows user or computer account, I get ths error:
c130230:~ # smbldap-useradd.pl -a testuser
ldapadd: update failed: uid=testuser,ou=Users,dc=stua-lp,dc=nrw,dc=de
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: invalid structural object class chain
(account/inetOrgPerson)
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl: error while adding posix user testuser

I read that since version ldap 3 something changed with the restrictions.

What do I have to change in the smbldap-useradd.pl script?

thank you very much for your help!