[Samba] Machine can login, Machine(s) cant.

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Wed Oct 30 04:57:00 GMT 2002

--On Tuesday, October 29, 2002 10:24 PM -0600 Brandon Hagedorn
<bhagedor at iastate.edu> wrote:

> I created separate machine accounts looking like this:
> test-machine$:*:201:201::0:0:Machine account Test
> machine:/dev/null:false
> lexus$:*:201:201::0:0:Machine account for a Lexus:/dev/null:false
> and then proceed to make machine accounts with syntax of
> "smbpasswd -a -m lexus$"

If that is not a typo, you have it wrong; when adding the machine account
to the smbpasswd file, you leave off the dollar sign, so your command
should read:
"smbpasswd -a -m lexus"
and it will appear in the file with the "$" at the end...

- john