[Samba] Machine can login, Machine(s) cant.

Brandon Hagedorn bhagedor at iastate.edu
Wed Oct 30 04:25:01 GMT 2002

I created separate machine accounts looking like this:
test-machine$:*:201:201::0:0:Machine account Test
machine:/dev/null:false
lexus$:*:201:201::0:0:Machine account for a Lexus:/dev/null:false
and then proceed to make machine accounts with syntax of
"smbpasswd -a -m lexus$"

And both machines reported that they joined the domain correctly.
Seems weird that this would happen this way.  Any suggestions on how to
get at least on machine to login to the domain again... seems I have to
reinstall samba for it to work again. (very, very strange.)
Any suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks again... - Brandon