[Samba] Trouble with XP/Pro and Samba PDC

Sebastian Schinzel soidberg at web.de
Wed Oct 30 00:05:01 GMT 2002

Hi all,

i have some trouble with my Samba PDC and XP. The XP-Box joins the
samba-domain without problems. The machine trust accounts also appear in
passwd-file correctly.
The problem is that i can't log in to the xp-box (domain) after i joined
the domain. The error message tells me that xp can't find the domain
controller or the user account. I am trying to log in with the same
account as i used to join the domain (root).
If i watch the incoming traffic on the samba-box i can't see any traffic
from the xp box when i try to log in. So xp doesn't even try to verify
the password. Wired...

-I have applied the "SignOrSeal"-patch.
-my hostname is the same as the netbios name

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = domain
        netbios name = SERVER
        interfaces = 10.3.1.1
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false %u
        domain logons = Yes
        preferred master = True
        domain master = True
        wins support = Yes