[Samba] Samba PDC+LDAP: Account restrictions

Yura Pismerov ypismerov at tucows.com
Tue Oct 29 19:32:00 GMT 2002

"Bradley W. Langhorst" wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 12:37, h g wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Samba PDC with LDAP, How to set user's
> > password to be expired automatically after 186 days.
> > Also, how to enforce password rules such as at least 6
> > characters?
> not currently possible in samba2

"min passwd length" works in 2.2.x though.
As for the LDAP password aging... You can also look at Kerberos as the
password backend for LDAP. Kerberos has his own password aging mechanism
that works perfectly. Not to mention that it does much more sense to
store passwords in a system that was initially (unlike LDAP) designed
for that purpose.