[Samba] Older Mac to SAMBA copy

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Oct 29 17:08:34 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 10:41, Matt Nelson wrote:
> I was planning to use (and that is what is installed now), DAVE by Thursby
> inc.  That allows SMB usage on a Mac.  Its the file corruption that is
> occurring on a mac to samba copy, that doesn't occur on a mac to samba VIA
> windows 2k wkstn that has me stumped.

this is probably a bug in DAVE - i've had lots of problems with it
before.

> Any ideas folks?  *pleading*
then listen to to the people who have told you this (including me)

Sorry to repeat myself but you don't seem to get it.  Unless I
misunderstand something about your situation samba is not the right
choice for your application.  You should be using netatalk.

really - not kidding - use netatalk

brad