[Samba] Problem Uploading Printer Drivers from XP

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Oct 29 16:44:12 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 22:43, Chad Edwards wrote:
> I am having problems uploading printer drivers from my WinXP workstation. I
> can use my Win2K workstation just fine, but when I try to use the exact same
> user ID and access the exact same printer, the New Driver... button on the
> XP printer dialog is disabled. The only thing I can think of is permissions
> on the client side (since it is the same user ID being used). I tried
> granting my user ID full access to the printer, but it still wouldn't allow
> me to access the New Driver... button. I have attached my smb.conf below.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Samba 2.2.5 as PDC on RedHat 6.2
this works for me in XPSP1 and Samba 2.2.6

don't worry about permission on the client side -
the logged in user must be have write access to the share but it sounds
like you've already taken care of that.

there were a bunch of printing fixes in the leadup to 2.2.6

your conf file looks good to me...

brad