[Samba] People

Wolfram Quester wquester at gandalf.physik.uni-konstanz.de
Tue Oct 29 15:47:01 GMT 2002

Hi Jon,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:04:06AM -0500, Rend, Jon (Jon) % wrote:
> Is there a way to map NT names to UNIX names when they are not the same. 95%
> of our are which is great but we have a few that are different. For example,
> we have NT user "bigboy" who's Unix account is "smallboy", how can I make an
> association, oh learned 1's.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Jon :-)

I quote an earlier posting:

[...snip...]
man smb.conf:
       username map (G)
              This option allows you to specify a file containing
              a  mapping  of  usernames  from  the clients to the
              server. This can be used for several purposes.  The
              most  common  is to map usernames that users use on
              DOS or Windows machines to those that the UNIX  box
              uses.  The other is to map multiple users to a sin­
              gle username so that they  can  more  easily  share
              files.

I hope I got your problem right and this helps.

Wolfi