[Samba] Hiting a limit to the number of connections

Hans B. Randgaard HBR at maerskoil.dk
Tue Oct 29 13:18:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

Users on our Citrix server ran into the same problem.
The limit is hardcoded in the source and is 128 from 2.2.3a
and onwards. I don't know what it is in 2.2.1, but probably the
same. The solution is in the mailarchive somewhere.

You have to change the constant:

MAX_CONNECTIONS

in source/smbd/conn.c

Kind Regards, Hans.

> From: Neil Swallow <nswallow at Gilchrist.co.uk>
> To: "'samba at lists.samba.org'" <samba at lists.samba.org>
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:57:33 -0000
> Subject: [Samba] Hiting a limit to the number of connections
>
> I am running Irix 6.5.12 and samba version 2.2.1 and am getting the
> following error message when trying to log onto a windows
> machine that has a
> samba mount mapped.
>
> System error 71 has occurred.
>
> No more connections can be made to this remote computer at
> this time because
> there are already as many connections as the computer can accept.
>
> Any help would be appreciated as I am a newbie where samba is
> concerned
>
> Thanks Neil

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager at hotline at maerskoil.dk.

This e-mail and its contents do not constitute and shall not be
considered as a financial commitment of Maersk Olie og Gas AS
and its affiliates.
Maersk Olie og Gas AS expressly disclaims any responsibility
as to the accuracy and use of this e-mail and its contents.