[Samba] Error when list a directory

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 12:49:00 GMT 2002

Joan Sanchez wrote:

> After mount a winnt folder on my linux box, if I try to list someone
> directory inside
> this mount point, my linux box show the error message "Segmention Fault".

<snip>

> Oct 29 12:46:57 box kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging request at
> virtual address d0000000

The kernel has crashed - this is not good...

> 0010:[usbcore:usb_devfs_handle+56157141/95257279]    Tainted: P
                                                       ^^^^^^^^
Do you have a binary only USB driver loaded. If so, the first step is to
remove it, and see whether that prevents the crash. If not, you should
upgrade to the latest kernel, and if the problem persists, and you're
certain it's not a hardware problem, you could send the oops to the
approrpriate maintainer or to the kernel mailing list. Don't bother
doing this with the binary only module loaded though - no-one is
interested in debugging problems in closed code.

Mike.