[Samba] Problem Uploading Printer Drivers from XP

Chad Edwards CEdwards at SkyWeb.ca
Tue Oct 29 03:45:00 GMT 2002

I am having problems uploading printer drivers from my WinXP workstation. I
can use my Win2K workstation just fine, but when I try to use the exact same
user ID and access the exact same printer, the New Driver... button on the
XP printer dialog is disabled. The only thing I can think of is permissions
on the client side (since it is the same user ID being used). I tried
granting my user ID full access to the printer, but it still wouldn't allow
me to access the New Driver... button. I have attached my smb.conf below.
Any help would be appreciated.

Samba 2.2.5 as PDC on RedHat 6.2

Thanks.
Chad Edwards

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN (192.168.0.102)
# Date: 2002/10/28 19:19:21

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = REDWOOD
 netbios name = MACDONALD
 server string = Samba %v
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
 passwd chat = *ew*password* %n\n *ew*password* %n\n
 password level = 8
 unix password sync = Yes
 log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
 max log size = 50
 time server = Yes
 deadtime = 15
 show add printer wizard = No
 domain admin group = @samba_admin
 logon script = logon.bat
 logon path =
 logon drive = H:
 logon home = \\%L\%U
 domain logons = Yes
 os level = 64
 preferred master = True
 domain master = True
 wins support = Yes
 admin users = @samba_admin
 hosts allow = 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.
 print command = lpr -r -P%p %s; csh -c 'echo \"%J has started printing on
%S\" | /usr/bin/smbclient -U %L -M %m -I %I' &

[homes]
 comment = Home Directories
 path = /samba/homes/%u
 read only = No