[Samba] Samba 2.2.6 leaks file descriptions!

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se
Tue Oct 29 00:11:00 GMT 2002

> > Found one more, this file(MTP_UP_PA12.doc) has been open for 6 hours:
>
> Ok, I've found and fixed the problems with 2.2.6 leaking file descriptors
> when kernel change notify is turned on. Unfortunately (or fortunately as
> we can fix this :-) it's a Samba bug, not a Linux kernel bug.

Great! I will update from CVS ASAP. I hope I will have the chance to install it too.

Question: The "Found one more, this file(MTP_UP_PA12.doc) has been open for 6 hours" I
posted earlier. That was with the change notify turned off. Should Samba do
this? Seems strange to me Samba needs more than one fd for one file.

          Jocke