[Samba] Winbind!

Jennifer Crusade JCrusade at gtess1.com
Mon Oct 28 23:32:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am running Red Hat 7.3 Samba 2.26 and winbind.  I have been able to join
the domain and test all of the following with these commands.  All works
great.

winbind -u

winbind -g

getent passwd

getent group

But when I set up a share to test with one domain user account it just
presents me with a password dialog box and does not accept anything. It
should not prompt me but if it does it should authenticate. I have tried it
with the username map = /etc/samba/smbusers and that did not work either.

I have the winbind separator as + but if I run testparm I get the following:

[root at gtdns root]# testparm
Processing section "[TESTIT]"
Loaded services file OK.
'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.

If I change the separator to \ and run testparm I get the following:

[root at gtdns root]# testparm
Processing section "[TESTIT]"
Loaded services file OK.
ERROR: the 'winbind separator' parameter must be a single character.

Here is my information:

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================

[global]

workgroup = GTESS1.COM

netbios name = GTDNS

server string = Linux 7.3 Samba Server

log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

security = domain

password server = *

wins server = 192.168.2.1

;username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

encrypt passwords = yes

winbind separator = +

winbind uid = 10000-20000

winbind gid = 10000-20000

winbind enum users = yes

winbind enum groups = yes

template shell = /bin/bash

winbind use default domain = yes

remote announce = 192.168.1.255 192.168.2.44 192.168.4.255

[TESTIT]

comment = TESTIT

path = /usr/stuff

valid users = GTESS1.COM+jcrusade