[Samba] FW: Access Problem connecting from windows 2000 client to Samba U NIX server Share

Rend, Jon (Jon) % rend at agere.com
Mon Oct 28 23:04:32 GMT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Rend, Jon (Jon) %
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 4:23 PM
To: 'samba at lists.samba.org'
Subject: Access Problem connecting from windows 2000 client to Samba UNIX
server Share

On friday we changed our smb.conf file to test the security model that uses
DOMAIN authenticacion. It worked fine testing two seperate usernames from
Multiple Workstations connecting to a WORLD access share on the SAMBA
server.

I have to say nothing has changed at all since friday, apart from the
weekend :) and we now get this MS error message when trying to connect the
same share again from WINDOWS:

"The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

Just to confirm that on both WorkStations no network shares existed when we
tried again today?

I did find this and tried it also, it didn't make any difference:

++++++++++

Errors Codes and Misc. Information : Windows Specific Issues : Account is
Not Authorized to Log In to This Station
Printable Version

Account is Not Authorized to Log In to This Station
Problem:

When trying to login to a Windows 2000 machine, client gets the following
error message: Account is Not Authorized to Log In to this Station

Solution:

Double click on My Computer
Double click on Control Panel
Double click on Administrative Tools
Select Local Security Policy
Select Local Policy
Select Security Options
FindSend Unencrypted Password to Connect to 3rd Party SMB Servers
Right click on Send Unencrypted Password to Connect to 3rd Party SMB Servers

Select Security
Select Enabled
Click OK
Close all open windows

++++++++++

This is an example of our smb.conf file:

++++++++++

Our Version = Samba 2.2.0

#  BROWSING

   workgroup = VTC

   server string = mn01m0008.agere.com

   announce as = NT

   local master = no

   preferred master = no

   domain master = no

   os level = 33

   wins server = 135.149.49.50

   remote announce = 135.149.49.50

#  AUTHENTICATION

   password server = *

#  security=server

   security = domain

#  encrypt passwords = yes

Any help would be truly GREAT, even the NT boyz are stumped??????

Jon :-)

agere  systems
Office 651-675-3064*         1230 Northland DriveF
Cell Phone 651-253-3703       Mendota, MN 55120
mailto: rend at agere.com *