[Samba] solaris 7 and cvs samba 3.x build - No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe solaris

David Shapiro David.Edward.Shapiro at bti.com
Mon Oct 28 20:00:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

Getting during configure the infamous error: No locking available. Running
Samba would be unsafe solaris

I went into tests folder and tried summary.c. It fails with the above error.
I tried to make the fcntl_lock manually like it tries and got the following:

root at raven:/usr/local/samba/source/tests #gcc -m32 -o fcntl_lock
fcntl_lock.c
fcntl_lock.c: In function `main':
fcntl_lock.c:43: storage size of `lock' isn't known
fcntl_lock.c:55: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcntl_lock.c:55: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fcntl_lock.c:55: for each function it appears in.)
fcntl_lock.c:63: `F_WRLCK' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcntl_lock.c:72: `F_GETLK' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcntl_lock.c:75: `F_UNLCK' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcntl_lock.c:84: `O_RDWR' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcntl_lock.c:84: `O_CREAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcntl_lock.c:84: `O_EXCL' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcntl_lock.c:99: `F_SETLK' undeclared (first use in this function)

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  I tried --with-spinlocks, but configure
fails anyway trying to do the fcntl locking.