[Samba] ENC: utilizing smbpasswd with two user #######URGENT#######

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Mon Oct 28 15:39:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 12:22:29PM -0300, SALOME Alexandre wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a  user in Windows (user_windows = eng.calculo).
> > I would like that this user_windows acess the unix (solairs2.6) as a valid
> > user unix (user_unix=cs02929)
> > (this problem is because the admintool only create user with  8
> > caractheres.
> > How I can resolve this problem ?

man smb.conf:
       username map (G)
              This option allows you to specify a file containing
              a  mapping  of  usernames  from  the clients to the
              server. This can be used for several purposes.  The
              most  common  is to map usernames that users use on
              DOS or Windows machines to those that the UNIX  box
              uses.  The other is to map multiple users to a sin­
              gle username so that they  can  more  easily  share
              files.

This will solve your problem.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de