[Samba] Samba Performance

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Oct 28 14:48:01 GMT 2002

And the really tricky thing about a duplex mismatch is you'll only see
errors in the statistics on one end.  (The end that's running half duplex
will report lots of late collisions.)  The other will report nothing's
wrong.  If one end of the link is an unmanaged switch, there may be *no* way
to diagnose the problem through statistics, short of using a network
sniffer!  BTDT...we have an unmanaged switch that can be set to half or full
duplex on each port, but that does *not* autonegotiate at all.  It's caused
me some real headaches.  The other nasty thing about this problem is short
packets like pings invariably get through fine.  It's only when you try to
copy a big file that the problem crops up.