[Samba] auth to two diff PDCs? (success, sort of)

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Mon Oct 28 13:39:01 GMT 2002

Hi All:

Excuse me for butting in here, but I'm planning a migration from WinNT 4
to Samba in the near future and this thread has caused me to worry a
little.

Take the case that I'm planning:  3 Domains each to its own LAN
(connected via 128k Frame Relay lines to form a WAN) Each domain
currently has a NT 4 PDC and each domain "trusts" each other.  How do I
accomplish these "trusts" only using Samba PDCs?

Meaning:  If I rip out the NT Domains, replace the PDCs with Samba PDCs
and rebuild new domains (new Domain Names, new NetBIOS names for the
PDCs, etc.)  How do I get the three domains to once again trust each
other?  Is there a Samba command to do this?

Thanks,

Kevin L. Collins, MCSE
Systems Manager
Nesbitt Engineering, Inc.