[Samba] RE: smb.conf - user access

Michael Sharp ms at probsd.org
Mon Oct 28 13:13:01 GMT 2002

if
!helpful == samba list
then
get the fuck off the list

good luck with your lil windows boxes and Linux servers.

I need to allow a REMOTE server user access to his /home/user files.

I realize allowing REMOTE clients is incredibly insecure, but I am
firewalling samba so that only his STATIC ip has access to the server. The
remote user is using win 98 and I am using FreeBSD 4.7.

I'm confused as to what I need to add to the [globals] section so that the
user only has to enter his UNIX passwd ( /etc/passwd ) to get his
/home/user shares.