[Samba] Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

Daniel Jensen danieljensen at home.se
Sun Oct 27 16:07:01 GMT 2002

Hi!

I have a strange problem with samba (currently version 2.2.4) that I
haven't been able to resolv. I use samba as a NT domain controller and
the clients uses Windows 2000. Most of the time it all works perfectly
fine but now and then, all of a sudden, clients can no longer connect to
the samba server. After 2-3 days the problem is gone and it works fine
again, but I havent been able to trace the problem down.

In the logfile the following error messages are found:

[2002/10/27 16:50:23, 0] lib/util_sock.c:get_socket_addr(1014)
  getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

[2002/10/27 15:32:31, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket(524)
  write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes to socket 12: ERRNO = Broken pipe

and sometimes

[2002/10/27 15:40:03, 0] tdb/tdbutil.c:tdb_log(475)
  tdb(/usr/local/samba/var/locks/connections.tdb): tdb_reopen: file
dev/inode has changed!

I have looked everywhere on the internet for answers but all I can find
is other people with the exact same problem. But no solutions!

I have also tried many different versions of samba, but the problem
remains.

Does any of you samba-genius know anything about this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Daniel