[Samba] 2.2.6-1 src rpm

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at unboundtech.com
Sat Oct 26 07:04:01 GMT 2002

I'm trying to get the 2.2.6-1 src rpm for RH 7.x from samba.org compiled
on RH 8.0. I built it as root with this command

rpmbuild --rebuild --target i686 samba-2.2.6-1.src.rpm.

Trying to install the built RPM (no errors in the build process) results
in these unmet dependencies:

# rpm -Uvh samba-2.2.6-1.i686.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
         perl(fix_print_html.lib) is needed by samba-2.2.6-1
         perl(Net::LDAP) is needed by samba-2.2.6-1

These weren't listed in the spec file as dependencies, and I'm not sure
how to meet them.

Is there any ETA for RH 8 RPMs, source or binary? Any idea how to get
past this?

--
Justin Georgeson
UnBound Technologies, Inc.

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)