[Samba] One Time Migration script from a Windows NT 4.0 PDC to a Samba PDC

Christopher Barry cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Fri Oct 25 13:29:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 06:39, Guillaume LACHENAL wrote:

    In the Roadmap to 3.0, we can see that this script need some testing
    before release.

    As this kind of migration is the last issue with to cope with before
    migration of our
    complete lan, I can contribute to testing !

    But I can't find this script in 3.0a20 nor via cvsweb (just a *quick* look
    sorry)

    Is there anyone who
    * has tested the script
    * know where I can find it
    ?

    Thanks in advance

    Regards,

    Guillaume

All,
I'm not sure about the script to which Guillaume speaks, but I have
created a script called domainsync which I use to synchronize my NIS
domain with my Windows domain. I add/delete users and groups in Windows
2000, and this script replicates the changes to NIS. It's configurable
via a conf file, allows for special users and groups, will tar and bzip2
user dirs of deleted users, email new UNIX users their account info with
a randomly generated password. It's pretty slick, and I think I'm ready
for the group here to check it out, give comments on improvements, and
if it's useful to anyone, use it to help make your lives a little bit
easier. I'll look back in here over the next few days for replys to see
if anyone is interested. If so, I'll get it up on an ftp site for you
all to examine.

Cheers,
Christopher