[Samba] XP clients & inexplicable pauses

Jeremy Wohl jeremyw-ml at igmus.org
Fri Oct 25 13:23:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 08:49:38AM +0300, Bart wrote:
> When I upgraded my machine from windows 98 to windows 2000 I had a
> similar problem. Machines with a 'new' installation of windows 2000 did
> not have this delay. Also, when I log in to a machine (roaming profile)
> with a 'new' win2k installation, it has this delay. A roaming profile
> created on a machine with a 'new' installation, however, has no delay,
> even not on my upgraded machine. Seems to me it is something in my
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry settings, inherited from windows 98.

Well, that fixed one client/server pair..

On the Win2K->XP upgraded box: I deleted the net connection and
recreated -- delays gone.  (I feel like an idiot for skipping this,
previously. :)

On the fresh XP install: still have the problem, obviously these
connections were created new on XP, in the first place.

So something is easily fixed on the client side.  Any idea what's
stuck in the registry, or otherwise?

thanks,
-jeremy