AW: [Samba] Password expiry

Andreas Lindenbauer andreas.lindenbauer at Salamander.at
Fri Oct 25 07:51:01 GMT 2002

Hi Fred !
I think that's not possible on the Samba-Side in the moment. But you can
make it on the client side (for example in the logon script): net accounts
Just type "net accounts" on the command-line for a brief description.

Kind regards

Andreas Lindenbauer

mailto:andreas.lindenbauer at salamander.at

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-admin at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-admin at lists.samba.org]Im
Auftrag von fred pasteck
Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Oktober 2002 04:40
An: samba at samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] Password expiry

Hi all,

I am running samba-2.2.6 on RH62 providing local
workgroup shares for a mixture of 98/NT/2000/XP
clients. I'd like to configure samba to somehow detect
when a password is expired and pop up a box on the
client workstation to require users to change their
password.

Is this possible? Does it work on all of 98/NT/2000/XP
machines?

I've tried various /usr/bin/passwd command-line
arguments to actually expire someone's password, but
that also doesn't seem to work. It seems to get
ignored entirely.

Can someone with more experience than myself provide
the information necessary to make this happen?

Thanks,
Fred