[Samba] windows 98 > Samba server IPC$

Bruno Chavez bruno at vias.com
Fri Oct 25 01:29:01 GMT 2002

Hi!!!

I have a big problem, I installed Samba in a red hat 7.3 server, I have
many Workstation in windows 98 se, and others in win2k, I created an
account in the samba server for the win2k called Bruno with password
Bruno, and the same I use it to login in win2k, and create another
account in the win98 called Brenda and password Brenda and the same in
the server samba

Ok, well, the problem is that when I connect with the win2k I share all
without any problem, but when I try to connect with the win98 ask me for
the password of IPC$ and no matter what I type it doesn’t let me in.

I try to make samba encriptation pwd “no” and “yes”, I rectify the
logins and pwd and nothing, always the same error
.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong
.

Regards