[Samba] 2.2.6 problems

Philippe MARASSE p-marasse at cg86.fr
Thu Oct 24 21:54:01 GMT 2002

> passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
> add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
/bin/false -M %u
> logon script = %u.BAT

    I had the very same problem. (update from samba 2.2.3 to 2.2.6)
    In the release notes, I found that thing :

        3)  Fixed string substitutions to accept a length for sanity checks

    I think I solved the problem by using :

         logon script = li-%u.BAT

    I did some other modifications in my smb.conf but none about %u strings.

    BTW, I can now log on samba domain with my WinXP Pro SP1 (I had to
delete / recreate workstation account to make it work)


More information about the samba mailing list