[Samba] SMBFS workarounds

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Oct 24 17:40:08 GMT 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Rashkae wrote:

> On a side note: I think a reason that your comments attracted so much
> critism is not because people think samba doesn't take corruption
> seriously (I'm a big fan of Samba and samba team myself,, and I think the
> level of support offered on the mailing list by samba developers is
> nothing short of superb), but your clain that Samba never shiped a version
> with data corruption bugs... (Maybe what you meant to say was that you
> never shiped a version with *known* data corrution bugs at the time it was
> shipped.)

Of course, we all know there are bugs in samba, at least we try our best
to find them and fix them before we ship. Any critical bug that we let
loose causes so much feedback that the sheer weight of emails and bug
reports become a burden for a small volunteer team.

If I was in any way interpreted as saying there are no bugs, then mea
culpa. Please forgive.

<END OF DISCUSSION - for now>

- John T.