[Samba] Re: OpLock+flat DB corruption (Was: How Samba let us down)

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Thu Oct 24 16:05:57 GMT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 04:43:53AM -0700, Chris de Vidal wrote:

> OpLocks were indeed causing corruption; we only turned
> them off, made no other changes, and have no more
> corruption, as I reported yesterday.  Wouldn't that be
> a priority 1, "drop everything" bug?  Other experience
> was confirmed by doing a Google, by 2 Samba authors,
> and by the results of our one simple change.
>
> If you'd like, I can submit an official bug report.

Is it completely reproducible ? Problems cuased by clients
not responding to oplock breaks are notoriously dependent
on network hardware and client issues (network drivers etc).

We drive the client differently than a Windows TCP stack,
and remember Microsoft don't test with anything than their
own stack.

Problems like this come under the "oplock break" problems,
not generic corruption.

Jeremy.