[Samba] Csc Policy

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Oct 24 13:06:18 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 04:31, Thomas Buckley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Red Hat Linux 8.0 - and Samba 2.2.5
>
> We are using csc_policy (Client side caching) to synchronise files between
> Windows 2000 Professional and Linux.
>
> The parameter we have in smb.conf is =        csc policy = documents
> - it is having reliability problems, are there any other parameters which
> might enhance csc policy performance.
I find this csc stuff to be of very low quality
try using a 3rd party tool like unison...

sorry i can't be of more help - this is one of the first features i
disabled on my clients.

> NOTICE:
> This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only.
> It may contain legally privileged information. The contents
> are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee.
> Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this
> confidentiality and to advise the sender of any errors in
> transmission.
> Thank you.
<rant>
grr
i hate these messages -
why is it that companies don't trust employees to
double check an email address they are about to send confidential
information to.
</rant>