[Samba] Domain login problem...

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Oct 24 13:02:05 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 01:19, Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:

> I can logon from Win9x clients nicely to domain. I can usually
> join domain under Win2k-sp3. But I can't logon to domain.
do you see an error message on the client?

if none of this works - please send a level 5 or so debug log of a
machine attempting to logon.

> Also requiresingorseal has value 0.
did you check all the control sets?  i think only the current one
matters but i don't understand all those control sets in a deep way.

> -------- smb.conf -------
>
> [global]
>    log level = 5
>    workgroup = TECHDOME
>    netbios name = NORNOR
>    server string = just testing
>    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>    max log size = 50
>    security = user
>    encrypt passwords = yes
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>    local master = yes
>    os level = 64
>    domain master = yes
>    domain logons = yes
>    wins server = 1.2.3.4
i assume you've changed this to protect your network - make sure it's
right...
>    dns proxy = no
>    domain admin group = @"Domain Admins" root
>
>    ldap suffix = dc=somedomain,dc=com
>    ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=somedomain,dc=com
>    ldap port = 389
>    ldap server = 2.3.4.5
>    ldap ssl = no
i guess you set the ldap password with smbpasswd since your machine
accounts get created...

>    add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
>
> [homes]
>    comment = Home Directories
>    browseable = no
>    writable = yes
>
> [netlogon]
>    comment = Network Logon Service
>    path = /home/netlogon
>    guest ok = yes
>    writable = no
>    share modes = no
>
> [tmp]
>    comment = Temporary file space
>    path = /tmp
>    read only = no
>    public = yes

why no profiles share? (maybe you're not planning to use roaming
profiles?)

here is what i have...

[netlogon]
        path = /etc/samba/netlogon