[Samba] Re: Running smb without nmb? (Linux Suse 8.1 feature)

Richard Sharpe root at ns.aus.com
Thu Oct 24 06:43:54 GMT 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Matthew Hannigan wrote:

> > So how/why would splitting these scripts be a good thing?
>
> It's possible to not run nmbd at all, and in some
> circumstances that's what you would want.

Hmmm, I recently developed a script for starting smbd and nmbd under
RedHat, but perhaps the Samba team should contain a standard script that
was usable on most FHS/LSB compliant versions but would also work, through
post-processing during install, when you install in /usr/local/samba/...

Regards
-------
rsharpe at ns.aus.com, www.richardsharpe.com,
sharpe at samba.org, sharpe at ethereal.com