[Samba] XP Clients joining samba domain.

Greg S. Miller gmiller at eccbm.com
Thu Oct 24 00:35:01 GMT 2002

Ok it looks like you have but I'm gonna ask.  Have you created the
machine trust accounts?  Also have you administered the reghack?  (Go to
CP, Administrative Tools, Local Security Settings, Local Policies,
Security Options:  Set "Domain Member:Digitally Encrypt sign secure
channel data" to "Disabled" (Do this for the following three items as
well).  Another dumb question is:  Have you created the user?  (useradd)
and have you given the user a password?  AND have you added that user to
Samba (smbpasswd).  Usually if one of my systems doesn't work I run
through this list and 99.999% of the time it works.