[Samba] Hi, project (samba-php)

Alejandro Glez de Chaves Guerrero agonzalez at cana-web.com
Wed Oct 23 18:45:01 GMT 2002

Hi, I´m an university student of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria ( Canary Islands,
Spain). I apply to you because I´m begining to develop my last project, I´m at
the end of my Computer Engenieer career. What I try in this project is to
extend the PHP language with a library that it conects to a SAMBA server and
makes the functions that alows us the  SMBCLIENT on the actually systems. The
actually developments that I could see (including SAMBA2WWW) are developed
making use of the function   “system” that includes the majority of the
languages to make calls to own operative system functions. My idea is to try
don´t use this function and use others mechanisms to obtein that those who use
them could do it quietest it´s a segurity question. And also of trying that a
language so extended as the PHP is evident that have a function library to the
conexions with SAMBA servers. Well what I´d like is that if you can and with
all the experience that I suppose that you have, you would indicate me if it´s
possible to do my project and would send me all the information that you think
it could de useful any way. First of all thank you and I hope to recieve your
news as soon as possible.

Alejandro Glez de Chaves Guerrero
Dpto. Diseño y programación web
http:\\www.cana-web.com