[Samba] Re: How Samba let us down

Jay Ts jay at jayts.cx
Wed Oct 23 17:33:17 GMT 2002

Jeremy Allison (jra at dp.samba.org) wrote:
> Jay Ts wrote:
> >
> > > The corruption might be related to oplocks.  I'm doing

Just to keep myself out of more trouble today, I'd like
to point out that I didn't write the above. ;-)

> File corruption is treated as a drop everything - priority
> 1 bug in Samba. If this were a generic problem known with
> 2.2.6 we'd be issuing a patch *immediately*.

I'm really lost at this point (too many replies to too many
threads while having "one of those days"), but I think I/we
suggested he _upgrade_ to 2.2.6, if he isn't already running
a pretty recent release.

I've seen problems in the early 2.2.x releases (when transferring
large files) that could be perceived as (or called) "file corruption",
but the problem went away sometime before 2.2.4.

Jay Ts