[Samba] Random Network Failures

Jeremy Browne cvdsamba at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 23 13:08:01 GMT 2002

Okay, I've been working with Samba for a few years now, and I've figrued it
out mostly on my own. Now I'm stuck and this problem is slowing down a MAJOR
project in my shop.

Our solid SuSE 7.3 server's network is dying randomly. All services, not
just Samba (2.2.1a) go out. However, it always happens when someone is
accessing DVD projects from our NT 4.0 Spruce authoring systems.

I can make the server go down by trying to COPY a file from the server.

So, I have two questions:

1. Have you ever seen anything like this?

2. Where can I look/How can I find out what's causing the problem?

Thanks

Jeremy

PS - I already swapped out the network card. It didn't help.