[Samba] XP clients & inexplicable pauses

Jeremy Wohl jeremyw-ml at igmus.org
Wed Oct 23 04:27:01 GMT 2002

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded two client/server pairs to WinXP and Samba 2.2.6
(on Linux).

Browsing mounted shares causes hangs when right-clicking or double-clicking/
launching files -- about 15 seconds.  During this, precious little network
activity is occuring.  Something is hanging, locking, sleeping.

Appreciate any advice.  Hope it's a simple fix.  If not, I'd appreciate
advice on where in the code I might start instrumenting/debugging.

thanks,
-jeremy