[Samba] share a linux box with win2K

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Oct 22 16:46:43 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 12:18, Daniel Bertin wrote:

> I applied the signorseal patch. just now, rebooted windows. same error
>
> the credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials
this is not the same error message that the signorseal change fixes...
in this case you need to log out and log back in with the same user name
that is on the samba machine...

report your log files of the attempted login if you still have a
problem.

You could also try net use /d * on the command line

> isn't this what samba is supposed to do ?? share a linux box on a windows
> network?
yes - thousands (or more?) people use samba to do this...