[Samba] Files Missing on smbfs on RH 7.3

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Oct 22 00:19:42 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have been searching the web and the archives about this problem,
but have not seen an answer to the problem.

I have a Windows XP system with a shared drive, it is mount to a RH
7.3 box using:

mount -t smbfs -o username=Administrator //raidserver/doq /doq

That seems to work, and I can see files on /doq, but I can NOT see
all the files. If is do "ls -al /doq/dir1" I can see most of the
files but some apparently random ones are dropped from the listing. I
have the same problem doing "find /doq -print". If is do an "ls -l
/doq/path/to/missing_file" it will list the file.

I have seem this other people running into this same problem going
back as far as 1996 when I googled on this problem, but no fixes :(

Is this a bug or more like did I not configure something correctly.
This is a critical problem so any help or pointers would be VERY much
appreciated.

Best regards,
  -Stephen Woodbridge