[Samba] winbind, getent and wbinfo

Bub Slug bub1slug at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:52:00 GMT 2002

Hi Jerry,

We're trying to replace our Windo$e (NT 4 and 2000 domain controllers, but
no AD) servers with Samba, and have both Win98, ME, 2000 and XP clients, in
addition to some Linux RH7.3 and RH8 desks.  Are we still waiting for Samba
3.x before we can have a single unified authentication mechanism for Windows
and Un*x desktops?

Thanks,

Bub

This tagline is umop ap!5dn