[Samba] can't add w2K client to samba domain

Walter Mautner rentuam_retlaw at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 19:55:39 GMT 2002

> [mailto:samba-admin at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Jochen Hoechner
> Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 8:54 PM
> To: Irving Carrion; 'Samba Mailing list'
> Subject: RE: [Samba] can't add w2K client to samba domain

> Here it is

Btw. _you should rather paste your conf files into the textbox instead
 sending them as attachment.

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = SPACE.ORG
	netbios name = FARPOINT
	server string = Windoze Serva %v
	bind interfaces only = Yes
	interfaces = eth0 192.168.7.10
# just for information, this means either eth0 _or_ the IP.
	security = user
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	pam password change = Yes
# You _really_ use PAM?
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
	password level = 6
	unix password sync = Yes

# try with "no" first. These settings might even prohibit changing the
machine
 password, if an error message is returned from pam_passwd or unix
passwd
 change attempt.

	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 0
# Change it to a reasonable value in kBytes
	os level = 99
	domain master = Yes
        local master = Yes
	lm announce = False
	wins support = Yes
	preferred master = True
	domain master = True
	domain logons = Yes
	dns proxy = No
	remote browse sync = 192.168.7. 127.
	socket address = 192.168.7.10
        hosts deny = 192.168.7.1 All
# Are you sure "All" doesn't exclude anyone?
# The "hosts allow" line alone would do it also.
	hosts allow = 192.168.7. 127.
	printing = lprng
	time server = Yes
#	hide unreadable = Yes

	logon script = %U.bat

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	valid users = %S
	read only = No
	create mask = 0664
	directory mask = 0775
	browseable = No

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /opt/netlogon
# don't forget to make the directory world-readable (and
# searchable)
        guest ok = yes
        writable = no
        share modes = no

What I also miss is a logon path statement and a profiles share.