[Samba] domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

Unix Rookie unixrookie at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 18:21:02 GMT 2002

for some reason, i cannot logon to my domain.

i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between
the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root."

however now when i try to logon it gives the following error message:

"Logon Message

The system could not log you on.  Make sure your User name and domain are
correct, then type your password again.  Letters in the passwords must be typed
using the correct case.  Make sure that Caps Lock is not accidently on."

i've created both system accounts and used smbpasswd -a to establish the
accounts.  the odd thing is that i can connect to the samba server if i look
for it using the search feature and then type my username/password.

as always, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.