[Samba] "The network path was not found." error message

Unix Rookie unixrookie at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 18:10:02 GMT 2002

thanks for the reply... actually the problem has been resolved.

resolved by a suggestion i would have never considered.

but yes to all your questions.

what was happening was that my domain name and my workgroup name were the same.
 why this would matter, i dunno.

someone told me to change the workgroup name and then try swapping back to the
domain after 15 mintes.

i did that and the "welcome to domain xxx" appeared.

so that solved that problem...

now, however, i have a new problem.  this is about the 7th problem that samba
has given me. :/