[Samba] samba - force user parameter (bug?)

John Tatum jtatum at mercercorp.net
Mon Oct 21 16:43:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

Running a paradox database on samba 2.2.3a-6 under redhat 7.3.  Research
indicated that there was an issue with the lock files used by paradox in
that they were created on the fly.  Whichever user logged in first owned
the lock files, thus preventing other users from using the app.  The
solution turned out to be using the force user and force group
parameters, creating a user and private group of the same name (db).
 Once we did this everything ran fine until one of the users changed
their password.  Now the user who changed their password can no longer
access the database.  I have tried getting the user to change their
smbpasswd on the console, but this does not help.  When the user is
logged in under their userid, an error message,
*NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD*, is generated.  I do not know the reason
behind this error and have researched it on google the last four hours
with no results.  Please advise.

Thanks,

John
jtatum at mercercorp.net