[Samba] samba 2.2.6 name

Greg S. Miller gmiller at eccbm.com
Mon Oct 21 16:24:00 GMT 2002

I have this same problem with my 2.2.5 (but I didn't upgrade mine).  All
my shares have the original text that I put in server string=.  It was
to long so I changed it to one word but whenever it maps the drives it
uses the long server string (that is now non existent) instead of the
short one.  In network neighborhood it shows up fine though.  Any ideas?

Hi,

I've just installed samba 2.2.6 [solaris 2.6] and while ./smbstatus
(on solaris)  reports version 2.2.6, network neighbourhood [ or net
view4] (on win 2k/win98) report

Samba 2.2.5

Any ideas?

ta

iain

Iain Morrison
MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit
15 Chaucer Road                  Tel   01223 355294 xt 581
Cambridge                        Fax   01223 359062
CB2 2EF
                          email iain.morrison at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk