[Samba] nmbd: wins: records not updated

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Mon Oct 21 13:07:38 GMT 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:36:05AM +0400, Alexander Kuznetsov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have problem. I dont understand root of this problem and I say
> facts: Have samba wins-server and many win-clients and two
> samba-clients.  At wins-server in browse.dat exists all clients, in
> wins.dat once in 2-3 days records about samba-clients is not
> available.
>
> In smb.conf at samba-clients exist this param:"remote announce =
> IP_of_wins_server" In log of wins-server: "process_host_announce ....
> ttl=300 .... ", but in table "wins_write_database" TTL for this client
> not changed.

Why you use "remote announce"?

Are all client in the same workgroup/domain? If so, use "wins server =
<ipaddressofwinsserver>" instead.

Take a look in "man smb.conf" to the keywords

	remote announce
	wins server
	wins proxy
	wins support

and last, but not least "BROWSING.txt" and "BROWSING-Config.txt".

> Now, I restart samba-client every 2-3 day. But it's not right way.
>
> What I do not right ? Or this is bug ?
>
> I try samba 2.2.3a and 2.2.5-10
>
> Thanks for your time. It's very big problem for me.

Hope this helps.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de