[Samba] NMBD going down almost immediately after startup - Solved

Bart bartspam at aia-itp.com
Mon Oct 21 10:56:01 GMT 2002

nmbd problem solved.

After doing a level 10 debug I noticed that Samba tried to assign port 137
on 10.x.x.99 which was the wrong IP address.
The problem was a static IP address mapping that was left by Webmin. After
commenting out the line everything worked fine.
So remove any static mappings in name and address.
The problem could also occur if port 137 can't be assigned, but this wasn't
the case for me.

Bart