[Samba] Need help with some DFS ideas.

Lewis Maggio lew at lsfc.org
Sun Oct 20 22:02:01 GMT 2002

I'm looking for a way to use DFS and replicate files across 3 servers.  2
servers are redhat 7.3 with samba 2.2.6 and one server is windows 2000
advanced.  Windows 2000s DFS system will not replicate to a samba server, as
far as I know.  I'm not stuck on the idea of using DFS, but I'd prefer it.
What I want is this:  2 office locations, linked wirelessly at 11mbps.
Since most activity is read access, by using file servers on both sides,
read access will occur at 100mbps, and since both offices don't work closely
on anything, the sync delay won't cause any problems.  Adding the 2000
server would be nice so I have a copy of all the files on it in the event of
failure of one of the other file servers, I can use DFS or rewrite the logon
scripts so the users will be back up in no time.