[Samba] Samba Roaming Profiles

Mark Belfanti mark at mentat-it.com
Sat Oct 19 12:56:01 GMT 2002

Hi Luciano,
Samba has a problem storing the roaming profile in the user directory
due to Win2k/NT holding open a connection to the home share. This is
documented somewhere (In "Teach yourself Samba in 24hrs").
So, try this:
Create a new folder '/home/profiles'
change permissions on the folder to be globally writable (chmod 1777
/home/profiles)
change the path in your profile share in smb.conf to path =
/home/profiles
Restart samba and try to log in again.

Also looks like your add user script is incorrect. Have a search through
the list archives for the various correct syntax or create the machine
accounts manually.

Regards,
Mark